Sunday, December 2, 2007

Schenley

I went on a walk through Schenley Park yesterday. The trees are bare, for the most part. The windy, rainy days did them in. The park was still beautiful, though, as these photos will attest.
A view of the Oakland area from the edge of Schenley. CMU is not in the picture, but it's to the right.

Phipp's conservatory and the Cathedral of Learning. What's nice about this area is that when you get lost, you can always find your way back by following the Cathedral.

A nature trail in Schenley.

It's been cold lately, too. One of the lakes has a layer of ice across the top of it already. There's a sign by the edge that says "No Ice Skating," but I have a feeling that as soon as the ice will support someone's weight, they'll be on it.
There are panther statues guarding the bridge that was in the previous photos. Someone put Santa hats on them, which I will proceed to call "Pantha Hats."
When I got back the festivities before the Madrigal dinner (it's a medieval-themed dinner that is apparently a tradition every year at CMU) were just beginning. The entertainment in the airport lounge included bagpipes and a man on stilts juggling. I also got to explain to someone in character how a laptop works. Thank goodness none of my relatives are stuck in that box painting away.
This is the last week of school before finals. This semester feels like it's gone by really fast. On the 19th of December I fly back to California with two of my friends. I can't wait to get back to where it's warm!

No comments: