Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I hold the position of publicity chair in the Society of Women Engineers, so occasionally I have duties to perform in order to advertise for SWE events. Tonight we had a general body meeting, so last night I chalked the sidewalks to remind people to come:
Unfortunately Andrew Portal (the web spot for personal applications for CMU students) can't predict the weather, because when I woke up this morning, it looked like this outside my dorm:

As disappointed as I was about losing my handiwork and the unknown amount of people who might have also come to the SWE meeting if they had seen it, I was very excited about the snow and decided to bring my camera with me to class so you could see pictures of the first snow to actually coat the sidewalks. Enjoy!
Stepping outside the dorm into the street...
The Cut.

Someone painted the fence to wish us a Happy Chanukkah. White on white.

The snowman sculpture probably feels at home now.


Hammerschlag Hall looks great no matter what the weather. Speaking of Hammerschlag, my robot from Intro to ECE works! It spins, beeps, and lights up. More to come.
In the meantime, enjoy the winter season, whatever temperature you're in right now.

No comments: