Thursday, December 13, 2007

Learning about Yourself

Someone once told me that college is about discovering yourself. The curriculum, the friends, the professors, and everything and everyone else you encounter lets you learn more about who you are. Often who and what you encounter challenges what you believe you knew about yourself. Values and habits are subject to change in college, this person said.

I have a growing list of things that I have learned about myself since August. The items on that list are subject to change. I can't guarantee that the list will be the same at the end of my undergraduate career, the end of this year, or even the end of next week.

  • Drinking coffee after 8:30pm results in caffeine-induced insomnia.
  • It takes me hours to write a simple essay.
  • Writing essays at 3am is faster than 3pm.
  • My desk is guaranteed to be messier than my floor 97.3% of the time.
  • If I have a phone I will use it.
  • I think that circuits are more exciting than integrals.
  • I am capable of believing that 35 degrees Fahrenheit is warm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha these are valuable recognitions!