Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope that everyone is celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow around a table full of turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm celebrating the holiday with a cold. Thankfully I have a lot of time to get over it. There will be very few people on the floor over the next few days, so I'll be able to sleep it off without becoming involved with what my friends are doing.

As for my Thanksgiving plans, I'm probably going to go over to a friend's apartment with a couple of other people who decided to spend Thanksgiving on campus, too. I'm not sure if we'll be brave enough to cook a turkey, but at least we can have a potluck and spend time together.

Last weekend's competition in Ohio was alright. Andrey and I received four callbacks, including two in tango which got us into the quarter final round. We may have received more callbacks if we had made it to the first morning of dances, but we got to the site late and the schedule had been changed, so our dances came earlier than we expected. In the future we plan to get to the dance floor on time.

The best part of the competition was the professional dances. I sat in the balcony to watch the professional championship competition and various exhibitions. Those dancers can do some amazing moves. I even had the opportunity to watch a three-time championship winning Latin couple. Their show was incredible.

No comments: