Friday, September 16, 2005

Life Update

School went well today. I think going into Bonn really helped make connections with the class. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be with this class long, because I'm considering requesting to be moved into grade 11. All of the classes are easy (except for the fact they're in German). Even physics, which I've never taken before, is relatively simple. I don't understand concepts in that class, but the math is simple enough. Plus, if I want to transfer some credits back to Pacifica, I should probably try to take harder courses. Nothing definite yet, though. I'll probably talk with Herr Schoch on Monday.

This afternoon I met up with Alicia (the other US AFSer in Wesel) downtown, so we could shop and talk. Or she did most of it. All I bought was a shirt. I am in need of clothes, so I don't have to wear outfits 4 days in a row before they get washed. Yay sales.

Hannah came over again tonight and we watched Der Herr der Ringe in German. We made up one of Kaylin's popcorn packets, which made Hannah really excited. The dubbing was really well done. At least, the voice pitches were done well. The funniest part were the names, e.g., Bilbo Baggins was pronounced Bibbo Boglin. We had a good time watching it, and next week Hannah will probably come over again and we'll watch the next one.

No comments: