Wednesday, September 14, 2005

10th Grade Schedule

Here is the class schedule I keep right now. This will undoubtedly change at the end of Herbst Ferien, once we have figured out which math class to put me in. As I've said before, I've been put in class 10e. I'm lucky because this means I take nearly all my classes with the same group. When you get into grades 11, 12, and 13 you start to take them in courses with various groups.

Zeit

  1. 8:00-8:45
  2. 8:50-9:35
  3. 9:50-10:35
  4. 10:40-11:25
  5. 11:40-12:25
  6. 12:30-13:15

Montag

  1. Deutsch
  2. Englisch
  3. Sport
  4. Mathe (normally Französisch)
  5. Differencierung (Biologie)

Dienstag

  1. Mathe (normally Religion)
  2. Englisch
  3. Physik
  4. Musik
  5. Französisch
  6. Mathe mit 10e

Mittwoch

  1. Diff (Biologie)
  2. " "
  3. Politik
  4. Geschichte
  5. Mathe mit 10e
  6. Chemie

Donnerstag

  1. Deutsch
  2. Mathe mit 10e
  3. Mathe (normally Französisch)
  4. Chemie
  5. Physik
  6. Musik

Freitag

  1. Englisch
  2. Religion
  3. Deutsch
  4. Sport
  5. Geschichte
  6. Politik
Politik and Geschichte are the bilingual courses, taught in English. The math courses I am taking that are not with 10e are with different classes and different teachers, as an experiment to decide which one I fit into best. This would work in theory except this Donnerstag and next my class is going on field trips, and in both cases I will miss third Stunde, so I will never have tested that particular math class!

Because I still have one Stunde (period) of French, and will potentially have more, our neighbor Hannah came over yesterday to teach me some from her first year French book.

I can now say "Hello, my name is Rachael" (Salut, je suis Rachael, or Salut, je m'appelle Rachael) and "Arthur is a parrot." (Arthur est un paurroquet), as well as a few other phrases. How many languages do you think I can learn in 10 months?

No comments: