Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Apartment

Classes don't begin until August 25th, but that didn't stop my roommate, Rika, and I from moving into our new apartment two weeks early. Moving in on Sunday took longer than we anticipated, but thankfully we only had to make one trip with the Uhaul to take all our furniture and Rika's things from her summer sublet to the apartment. We've managed to set up our apartment and make it look livable since then, however.

We live in a convenient location: about four blocks from CMU (about 10 minutes walking), about 6 blocks from a large grocery store, and close to a variety of bus routes that can take us all over Pittsburgh. Our 6th floor apartment also has a great view of Shadyside!

The views from our windows. We live behind some train tracks, but I'm already getting used to them.

My side of the bedroom.
The "living room" and my study area. The [extremely heavy, but free] desk broke while we were on the home stretch: while we were exiting the elevator! Fortunately, it still stands.

Living room with a peek at the dining area.


The kitchen. I haven't tried using the oven, yet, but everything else seems to be working properly.

We're still looking for a few more things (I'm looking for a desk chair, for instance). Maybe I can post some more pictures when the apartment is complete.

No comments: