Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sunshine in February

The last few days have been beautiful in Pittsburgh. The weather was warm enough to wear T-shirts and shorts in! Thank goodness it's going to get colder this weekend. If this weather kept up I might have convinced myself to leave my jacket in my dorm.

Another good reason for the weather to get cold is so that there is more motivation to stay inside and study. I have a calculus exam in 13 hours (I can take a break, don't worry. I've been studying for awhile now). On Monday is a physics exam and German presentation. I have my work cut out for me.

Other items on the agenda for this weekend:

  • Nicaragua meeting (Yes, I have class on the weekends)
  • Learn to samba and tango at the advanced ballroom lessons
  • Search for an apartment (According to my calculations, I could save over $4000 a year by moving off-campus and cooking my own food. A bargain!)
  • Write a C program that can load and spew out lists of words using linked lists. Arrays (last C lab) obviously weren't good enough.
  • Learn how to use valgrind, so that I can debug said program.
  • Search for an on-campus job, because I haven't heard back from any of the jobs for which I applied, including the one for which I was interviewed. Haven't saved that $4000 yet.
The question running through your head right now (besides "How am I going to spend my Friday night?") is probably, "How will she accomplish all this?" My answer: I dropped 15-111! It was one of my favorite classes. It was also soaking up about 10 hours a week.

With only 54 units instead of 64, hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the warm weather when it decides to come again.

No comments: