Friday, February 22, 2008

Bang! You're dead!

Or not. That's how I felt for most of this week, at least. I caught a really bad virus earlier this week and could not leave my dorm for two days. I was very unhappy, probably because I was unable to eat for those two days. Anyone who knows me knows that there is a direct correlation between food and my general happiness.

Anyway, while I was bedridden (or rather, while I was recovering afterwards) here are some of the things that other people were doing:

Bill Gates Lecture: There are two reasons why I didn't go see Bill Gates when he came to CMU to deliver a lecture on Thursday. One, I was feeling really sick. Two...



The line was coiled in the UC three times on two floors and out the door! I found my friend Mian in the thick of it. She got in line at 2PM (the lecture was at 4PM) but I never found out whether she made it inside the actual lecture hall or not.
"Hey Rachael, there's two inches of snow on the ground and it's cushiony!"
Heavy snowfall is worth going outside for.

It reminds me of one of the last times it snowed at CMU. The cars parked on the street were covered with interesting designs:

Some of my dorm mates built a fort in the GSH lounge last night:


Supposedly they're keeping it up all weekend.

No comments: