Sunday, January 20, 2008

Reflections on Week 1 of 15

Week 1 is now over. I promised I would finish my class impressions, so I'll do that now.

15-123, Programming in C and Unix, is one of my best classes so far. My professor is really good (and very popular among the student body). His class has a two-digit waitlist in only one of his four sections! He has said he wants to open up another section and guaranteed that everyone on his waitlist will make it into the class.

15-123 is going to help me with 15-111 (A course in Java). My 15-111 professor is harder to follow, but I pick out a lot of important information based on key words that my 15-123 said in lecture just beforehand.

I got permission this week to take 64 units. I may be able to do it, but when I get a job I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with the work. I may drop a course later in the semester, but based on the past week, it would be a difficult decision. I like all my classes.

No comments: