Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Busy Weeks

I was walking back from the UC today with my lunch when it started snowing. Yes, that's right. We got our first snow today. Everyone's really excited, but it's hanging in the back of everyone's mind that within a month and a half it'll be too cold to even snow.

These past few weeks have been very, very busy. My RA told me at the beginning of the semester that the workload at CMU follows a four-week cycle: for two weeks there will be little work, for the next two your head won't remember the feeling of your pillow. Last week was by far my worst week of the semester as yet, but it was also the third bad week in a row. The forecast for this week is only slightly better.

This past weekend was my second ballroom competition. It went much better compared to the first one (which I never wrote about; like said, I was very busy this week). Andrey and I received 9 callbacks total, and made it to quarter finals in standard waltz and tango and octa-finals in international Latin cha-cha. We're pretty happy with those results, except that despite practicing rumba for hours a week we didn't get a callback in it. Hopefully we'll be able to pull through at the next competition which will be in Ohio the weekend after next.

No comments: