Thursday, October 18, 2007

Weekend Again.

This weekend marks the middle of the fall semester, so the university was kind enough to give its students a day off. It's nice to have an extra day without classes and time to do other activities than homework, psets, and labs, but it's terrible at the same time. The extra day gives you the illusion that you have so much more time on your hands, when in reality you don't. I should spend the extra day studying for my calc exam next week. I know already that I won't.

I don't have ballroom practice this weekend, which is nice just because it gives my feet a chance to recover and my mind a chance to process the dances that have been crammed in it these past few weeks. It also gives me a chance to spend more time with my dormmates, whom I've been neglecting these past few weeks as well. We're planning to make pumpkin pie! Apparently my suitemate Jewel got some fresh pumpkins last week at a BAM outing. Pumpkin pie would help complete the illusion of autumn. The trees in front of the admissions building turned red overnight. It's lovely.

Hopefully I'll get a lot of work done, too. I plan to go to the library tomorrow morning to study before getting caught up in whatever ends up happening here.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: