Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saturday Night Salsa

Last night I went to a salsa dance social with Zahra, Andrey, and one of Zahra's friends (my suitemate, dance partner, and a grad student who has a car, respectively). I haven't been salsa dancing since about January. It was a lot of fun, and brings back some fond memories. The place we went to in Homestead seemed really friendly, so I hope to go back. Unfortunately that particular group only meets once a month. There are other salsa dances and clubs throughout the Pittsburgh area, though, so maybe I'll look into finding others.

That is, if anyone else is interested in coming. It's best to go to these places with a group, so that you always have someone to dance with but can switch partners sometimes. We were supposed to go in a larger group than four people, but most of the people who had expressed interest in coming backed out in the end. It was disappointing.

I still had a good time, though. I plan on going there again, even if it does mean going alone.

No comments: