Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Still Alive...

...somewhat.
I took the SAT IIs, on Saturday (I don't even want to know my scores...it was that bad.......see what happens when you mix me and chemistry?), and since then have shifted my focus onto college application essays. I've had a number of projects and reports due this week, but besides those, schoolwork has been taking a backburner. Amazingly enough, though, I actually think I did well on the US History and Civics tests I wrote today, despite my lack of focus. Hopefully after Xmas break, things will fall back into place. Right now, college apps displace everything.
Does it seem odd that they take so long? Well, I'm putting a lot of effort into them. They need to be as perfect a representation of me as they can be, especially since they need to outweigh my SAT II scores. The other reason they have to be so good, is because of how competitive these schools are. You don't have a chance getting into an Ivy League with a mediocre essay.
Other than that, I've been getting Xmas stuff in the mail. I got a package from Germany in the mail this weekend. Milka, Haribo, and pictures! My host family knows what I like :)
Well, it's back to the grinding stone for me. I figured my devoted readers deserved an update. It seemed a good time for a break. Yes, I do take breaks every now and again.

No comments: