Sunday, October 15, 2006

First Comp, First Place!

Yesterday was the Marching Mariners' first field show competition at Newport Harbor High school. We rocked. Hard.
We won 1st place in our division (AA)
Best percussion (as well as percussion sweepstakes for A, AA, and AAA)
Best visual performance
Best general effect.
Yeah, we definitely rock.
So now we've proven to ourselves that we can do our show well. Now we need to prove that we can hold our title.
Jon managed to make it down to Costa Mesa to see us and hang out. Actually, he got there late, so he really only got to hang out. It was still fun, though. I enjoyed seeing him there.
I was late myself. I had to take SATs down in Long Beach in the morning, so I missed the entire morning rehearsal. I didn't even get to Costa Mesa until about an hour before we marched onto the field. Why do SATs always have to run so late? It's nervewracking enough, so why draw it out by starting a half hour late?
So I feel pretty confident about my test. I have no doubt it'll turn out better that the scores I got in Germany (on the essay, at least). And no, I can't tell you what I wrote about. Not for another few weeks, at least. I'm surprised how many people asked me about that. I signed my name on a paper that said I wouldn't talk about it, people. Be patient.

No comments: