Monday, October 30, 2006

Where Did Freetime Go?

After living through a winter which was below freezing, I never thought I'd consider 60 degrees cold ever again. Yet here I am, in my Californian mentality that any weather below 75 deserves a sweater, and under 60 degrees is unbearable. In Germany, I was the only person wearing a winter jacket by this time. I think I actually started wearing it in the middle of October, when it was about 55-60 degrees or so.
I'm tired. Homework and band is catching up to me. This week is all the normal practices, plus a random performance on Wednesday during school, a football game on Thursday and a competition on Saturday. This week also has civics unit homework due Wednesday (the day after major band practice), a test on Friday, a calculus quiz, and english notebooks are supposed to be turned in at some point, but Mr. Barrier keeps us hanging without a specific date, which is a good way to keep all his students stressed.
Life is keeping me busy, as always, but it has crossed the line from being a pleasant busy to being outright stressful. Things are chewing at me which shouldn't be when I'm occupied with a busy lifestyle. I have no time to deal with them, and they only add to the stress.
I'm ready for Christmas break already, and it's not even November yet. Weekends aren't enough time to get pulled together. Actually, I'm starting to think I have less time on the weekend than I do during the week.

No comments: