Friday, October 24, 2008

Life's a Symphony

Andrey and I joined the math club in its annual outing to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. I was somewhat disappointed when the intermission came early and I realized that I was looking at the wrong schedule. The soloist was good, however, even though I missed hearing Dvorák's New World Symphony.

The weather in Pittsburgh finally got cold. We enjoyed a week of Indian Summer (which I celebrated with a cold) and now the city is plunging head first into winter (I'm celebrating the transition with another cold). I guess I was not gifted with a great immune system.

The schedule of classes has been unofficially released. I promised myself I would take very few units next semester in order to concentrate on my ECE classes and work on my own projects, but as always I find myself gravitating towards more classes. After this semester there are only 5 semesters left! It may seem like a lot, but when you look at the classes you need to take, and when you have to take them, 5 semesters seems to shrink.

This weekend will be busy. There are two exams next week, one of which will be easy (but it's on Monday...), and the other doesn't matter, since if you get a better grade on the final (almost guaranteed) your grade gets replaced. More importantly, Andrey and I need to practice our ballroom dancing. DCDI is next weekend!

No comments: