Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grüße aus Deutschland!

After losing a whole day of my life through air travel, I have again reunited with my friends and 'family' in Germany. I arrived on Monday arround 4PM (after leaving from California on Sunday around 4PM) and have since had a great 48 hours or so chatting up a storm with my friend Sarah, her family, and my old host family. My German is already 50% better than it was when I arrived (in my generous opinion) but it has a while to go. I've also been enjoying the food, the bike rides, and the rain. We have a good storm coming up now from the Sahara, believe it or not.

Tonight I'm going with Sarah to her Chemistry course meeting. Classes sometimes meet up just for fun, and now that Sarah and the rest of the class I was in have just finished with their Abitur (German final exams) they have more reason than ever to meet and have a good time.

Not much has changed around here, except that everyone is two years older than when I left and my host family has a new (and very colorful!) apartment. It almost feels like I haven't left at all.

No comments: