Monday, September 10, 2007

Distractions at 12 A.M.

Today was a great day. Not only was it free hug day, but I got my first package from home (I was hoping it was my calculus textbook, but I like packages from home too). Inside the package was a set of juggling balls, which I have found make the best distraction from whatever Interpretation and Argument paper you're supposed to be interpreting or arguing. I taught myself how to do the simplest form of juggling awhile ago, but I 'm not good at it. Fortunately Kate, one of my floormates, is a great juggler, a fact which has only just now surfaced. She taught me a few new moves today, as well as how to juggle with socks (while she took over my juggling balls). We even put together a two-headed juggler trick!

Even if my night wasn't exceptionally productive, at least, as Kate rationalizes, it was spent developing a skill. Juggling is much more productive than pulling a Figgins and absentmindedly popping wheelies in the wheelchair downstairs.


Sruthi took a picture of my kilt on Saturday. Kilts are awesome. The only downside is that the kilt is made of 100% wool, which starts to smell when it rains. Otherwise, I think band here is great. I love the Kiltie Band, with all its odd traditions and cheers. It is very different than the hard-core, competitive marching band I'm accustomed to, but on the other hand I find the laid-back attitude more enjoyable than I find the crooked lines annoying.

My Kilt and I

I don't have to go to class until 12:30 tomorrow! I think that prospect makes today more enjoyable, too.

No comments: