Friday, September 7, 2007

Cash-Out

It's Friday morning, and there is only one class left until week two is over. Unfortunately that class isn't until 2:30, so I have awhile before the week truly ends. I am glad it's the weekend, because the cold has been going around the floor and it's finally my turn. It's odd that people have been sick, because it's still very warm outside. At any rate, I should be able to get a lot of sleep this weekend because most of my dormmates are going on a school-sponsored leadership retreat. I would go too, but the Kiltie Band is playing at its first football game on Saturday.

Too bad no dormmates will be around to take pictures of me in my kilt and sporran. No entertainment for you this week, I apologize.

This weekend is called cash-out weekend, because the meal plan is replenished on Monday and none of the meal blocks or DineXtra Dollarsare rolled over into the next two-week period. The theory is to stock up on drinks using your leftover DineX. I don't think I have room to store $40 worth of drinks.

This week CMU held its Activities Fair at which it featured the clubs and activities on campus. I've already joined Kiltie Band, obviously, and I've gone to one of the ballroom dance lessons. Ballroom dancing was fun; there were at least 150 people in the beginner lesson on Wednesday, so it was both a light lesson and a huge social event. Someone has been trying to recruit me to astronomy club for the past week, so I'm going to go to a meeting on Friday to see what they do there. I'm even thinking about going to the information meeting for the Society of Automotive Engineers, although I know nothing about race cars. On top of those activities are the Global Studies House activities that occur once or twice a week.

No comments: