Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Go Write a Blog

Mi Madre has been hounding on me to write a blog. "Your last blog was about the last day of school. You've done so much since then!"

As you can see, I finally caved in. Not that I don't like writing blogs; on the contrary, I enjoy them very much. I only don't produce them often because I'm either doing so little that there's nothing exciting to blog about, or there's so much that I'm not here to blog about it. Since graduating, I have been all over Southern California and central Ohio. In fact, I've only had a few nights in my own bed these past three weeks.

It would take too long to write about everything that's happened in every mundane detail. It's all about the photos anyway, right? If you do want to know the greater details of my life, well, try to catch me sometime between my week in San Francisco that starts tomorrow and my road trip that begins at the end of July.

First of all, yes, I did graduate and get a diploma.
My good friend Kaylin visited from Ohio to see all of us [former] Pacificans graduate. Then we went to Disneyland through one of her other friends.
Woody got sprayed by a skunk, so we gave him a bath in tomato sauce. His fur turned a salmon pink color; it was entertaining while it lasted.
Soon after graduation I went back to Ohio with Kaylin. The place is overridden with geese.
Kaylin made me try White Castle. It lived up to its reputation as a greasy fast food joint. Ew.
There's corn all over the Midwest, but this cornfield was kind of strange.
The equivalent of the Discovery Center.
"Lift a car with the help of levers."
Pumping gas into my new car...Or not. I didn't get the point of this particular exhibit.
Kaylin posing as a news reporter.
It's my magic talents. What can I say.
Kaylin and I built containers to protect water balloons from a 25 foot drop.
Mine got some weird looks.
Will it survive?
Yes! The rubber bands manage to suspend the water balloon and prevent it from exploding from the impact.
Columbus Zoo: Home of the largest captive snake and the terrible albino alligators.
Clouds!
Barry: "I could watch these clouds all day"
More clouds. Ahh!
No gorilla.
Trekking through the jungle.
Wie niedlich! He looks just like Woody, except maybe not so pink.
Helping out a two-dimensional gorilla observer.
Not England, but close enough.
We waited in the rain for the local 4th of July parade.
By the way, the fireworks in Columbus were amazing!
Kaylin pumping flexfuel.
Back home again, I meet Jenn's boyfriend and we all go to the aquarium.
David pets the horseshoe crabs.
This was an amusing duck.
Tribbles!
San Pedro, near my Gma's house.
It's so beautiful I had to add a second picture. Don't complain about the haze in the photo; it's what prevents us from having 100+ degree weather.
Shakespeare by the Sea. Both shows this year (Merchant of Venice and Taming of the Shrew) were amazing.
Playing Risk with cousins.

That's what I've been up to. As you can tell, I've been quite busy. I promise to take more photos in San Fran!

R out.

No comments: