Thursday, April 26, 2007

Notable Events of April the 26th

A number of note-worthy events took place today. First, though it's four days after my birthday, I got a birthday cake from my great friend Alexandra.
She actually brought it to school yesterday, but I was in Claremont visiting HMC so she was disappointed and had to keep it in a teacher's fridge overnight. And it was only that late because of the busy schedules that everyone around here keeps. Not that it matters whether I get a cake on my birthday, four days late, or even four weeks late. Cake is welcome anytime. (Keep this in mind when you have the sudden urge to bake something).

Second, I have made a college choice, which leads to the third notable event of the day, which is putting in a tuition deposit for said choice school. Which school, you ask?

This leads to notable event four: Rachael's blog readers explode with suspense.

I know, I know, it hasn't happened yet, but it'll be all over the papers tomorrow, I'm sure.

Then again, if that happened, I wouldn't have any blog readers at all. So I suppose I'll have to give in and tell you anyway.

I decided on Carnegie-Mellon. Out of all the colleges that accepted me, CMU is the best fit for me. It has a great engineering program, is situated near a major city with a good public transportation system, and I clicked with the people whom I met and and talked with there. Those among a variety of reasons, but I don't feel the need to give a ten-page analysis here. What is most important, I've heard, when choosing a college, is going with your gut. My gut tells me that CMU is the place for me.

And when your gut talks to you, that's usually a pretty good sign it's time to eat more cake.

No comments: