Saturday, April 28, 2007

Gatherings

Last night was a lot of fun. After government review session Alexandra, Carolyn and I went out to Red Robin to celebrate my birthday. I had initially asked about ten people if they wanted to come, but even with three people you can have a great time. Perhaps we even had a better time than if we were in greater numbers.
It was Alex's first time, and I think she liked it, even though she doesn't eat meat on Fridays. Carolyn hadn't been there for years, either, so it was a semi-new experience for them both.
I definitely fell for the, "Oh, I'm sorry, but I have to charge you for the next basket of fries," trick the waitress pulled (I haven't been there in awhile, either). Alex tried getting her back when the mud pie fell over and she said she wanted to talk to the manager, but you can't pull a trick like that when you're laughing.
I had a great time, and a great celebration. It was nice to get away from all this AP and college mess and just be able to sit and talk with friends. Carolyn and Alex are awesome people. We should have outings like this more often.

No comments: