Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mg5Al(OH)8(AlSi3O10)

I got an acceptance letter to Harvey Mudd today.

...

I got an acceptance letter to Harvey Mudd today!

I still can't believe it. I applied on a whim, on the reccommendation of some relatives, some two weeks before the application was due. And they accepted me.

For those of you who are not acquainted with Harvey Mudd, it is one of the best engineering schools in Southern California. It's actually ranked 14th for best Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News and World Report. I don't take much stock in rankings, but that shows you how good it's supposed to be.

I'm very, very happy right now. You would not believe it until you saw the newspaper headlines tomorrow: "Teen Breaks through Roof after College Letter." I'm jumping that high.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can believe it and am glad that jump is the start of a joyous dance. Nice to know that whatever else comes, you are assured that you can be challenged and don't have to play it safe. Looking forward to seeing what other schools will welcome you.

A.L. said...

lol I just googled the formula to find out what it means and I found your blog (the only return). Funny how small this world is.

~~a southern-californiaite who found out today (march 28) that he got accepted to hmc also

p.s. I hope we're not expected to know what that's supposed to mean? yeesh

A.L. said...

oh I'm sorry, I thought you had just got it before I saw the "2007" on the post. even weirder. it's like i'm traveling back in time.

lol said...

Lol... I was searching for what the chemical formula meant and I somehow found your blog post about HMC. I'm stoked too!

Anyway, just wanted to make sure that you know that Mudd isn't just one of the best on SoCal, it's USNEWS #1 for electrical engineering and it's engineering, mathematics and physics programs are top in the nation... so just because it's small and #14 LAC doesn't mean that it's tech majors are anything but the best :D

Red China said...

Joining the Google find club. I thought the formula was totally made up until I noticed the charges balanced out. From a Wikipedia search, the chemical compound is the formula for clinochlore, a type of mineral found in rocks. I don't see how it's connected to HMC, but it's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

yup i googled the formula too hahaha. yay us!

Anonymous said...

i think the formula on the cover is supposed to represent mud...Like Harvey MUDD

Anonymous said...

AHH!! I was super confused too :) turns out, lower on the google feed, it says it's the chemical makeup of mud :)

Anonymous said...

I googled the formula as well. I just got in today and I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

Hey... not a californian, bt got d offer letter... N Red China U are right it is a kind of mineral found in rocks which are found in "Mud" pls tell me u get how its connected to HMC... n at the bottom of the cover page it does say (mudd)... :D pretty cool tho!

Jonathan said...

Also googled the formula!
Im going to be a Mudder!!!
Class of 2016!

Unknown said...

I googled it too!! SO EXCITED!