Monday, January 15, 2007

Long Weekend

Because of today's civic holiday, this weekend was a 3-day weekend. It was 33% longer for me, though, because I was out sick on Friday. Thankfully I feel much better now, well enough to get a hair cut,

(note the newly painted bathroom wall in the background, the product of Mom and Elaine's afternoon work), cook Schupfnudeln (potato noodles with bacon and Sauerkraut) and Bockwurst,

and work endlessly on my civics paper. So far the civics paper is really interesting. I'm writing mine on how the federal government should establish renewable energy portfolio standards, to help wean the country off fossil fuels. I'm having a blast with it.

Oh, and all my college application work is done. (Yay!). I submitted my last application, finally, and had my last college interview on Saturday. The interview went great, considering it was for an Ivy League. We ended up taking an hour and a half instead of one, and I left with a good feeling about it. It's doubtful that there could be any better sign.

No comments: