Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Is it really coming to an end?

This'll be a small post, but I felt that I should write something before I leave for Ravensbrück on Thursday. Otherwise these posts will get way behind again.

We only have 7 more weeks in Germany. The other exchange students and I have already realized how short that really is. Can you believe that we've been here over 8 1/2 months now? 'Cause I can't. The time has really flown by. I've got my tickets already for the plane from Frankfurt to NYC, and from NYC to LAX. That was a depressing packet from AFS.

So to compensate we've been getting busy trying to meet up with friends, whether German or other exchangers. I'm practically every day out of the house meeting up with somebody in a cafe on Kornmarkt or just riding bikes or hanging out at someone else's house.

Unfortunately, after a half week of 80° weather (warm enough to wear short skirts, finally), the stormy weather came back. I actually got stuck in a thunder shower on Saturday while on a walk. We're getting our unfair share of hail and rain and lightning here. When the weather prevents getting around by bike, however, the solution is to take the bus everywhere. Or beg your best friend's mom to take you home. There's no reason to be stuck inside when there's so much more to do.

Oh, I have to catch the bus back to Hamminkeln! Tschüß and Bis Später!

No comments: