Sunday, January 25, 2009

Updates

Being sick is no fun. Being sick for four weeks is no fun times 4. I can't believe that I just spent approximately the first 1/12 of 2009 with a cold. Hopefully it's over now, and I don't get sick for the rest of the year (yeah, right).

The first couple weeks of classes went alright. Last week I TA'd my first lab. It didn't go so bad. Labs will get more exciting later in the semester.

My 18220 lab has a grand total of 8 people in it. This has its ups and downs to it. On the plus side, the TA-to-lab group ratio is 3:4, so we'll be able to get a lot of attention. On the other side, we get TAs looking over our shoulders all the time, which is perhaps too much attention.

First exam on Friday, first full batch of homeworks and labs due this week. This semester has been off to a rather slow start. There are only 17 weeks in a semester, and I feel like the first 2 have been spent doing, well, nothing.

No comments: