Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grüße aus Wien!

All I can give are my greetings. I´ve only been in Vienna for the past hour. The last week in Italy has been great. I met up with some people I´ve become friends with, seen some beautiful cities, and eaten great food. I already know I´m going to miss the warm weather (even if it was a little too warm at times).

Here is my basic Italy analysis (in case you were planning your own trip):

  • Rome has better ice cream than Venice or Florence, and it´s better when you get away from the tourist areas.
  • Venice has better Trampozzinis
  • Salmon and potatoes go very well together. Actually, so does Salmon and virtually everything in Italy.
  • If you´re under 26 visit Venice for three days.
  • Be prepared to have a stiff neck after walking through Rome.
Up next: Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, and maybe Stuttgart. And maybe pictures.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I love Italy... I'm so jealous that you got to go.

I should have told you before you made it to Rome, but my favorite gelato place is right next to Fontana di Trevi. The guys who work there love tourists, so they'll always give you more than you paid for, and their gelato is absolutely fabulous. They have tons of unusual flavors (I love their watermelon - not so unusual, but hey. Does the US have it?)