Thursday, February 15, 2007

At Home

I woke up this morning with my right eye practically swollen shut. After going to the doctor's about it yesterday, I wasn't expecting it to be so bad today. Instead of going to school, I got to sit around a few waiting rooms to see the doctor and an eye doctor. Hopefully, this doesn't happen after every time I fly.

A couple days ago was the Baccalaureate speech qualifications at Pacifica. I won by default, because no other seniors showed up. It was disappointing; there were several people from whom I hoped to hear a speech. Their speeches could have been better than mine, and there are several other students whom I would much rather hear. The district competition is in two weeks, so there is ample time to improve my speech and get it memorized.

Tomorrow the "Bridge-Building Club" is competing at Cal State Long Beach. I'm somewhat nervous, because we aren't nearly as prepared as we should be. We are fully aware that we don't stand a chance against other schools with more experience. Of course we're proud of the fruit of our labors. We only hope for it to withstand a substantial amount of weight.

No comments: