Saturday, November 26, 2005

First Snow


Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Wesel got its first snow on Wednesday! It was during first period, English:

Person in Row #2: Hey, look, it's snowing!
Herr Häuser: You want to stop the class and run outside? How old are you? What, you haven't seen snow before?

No, not really. Not falling like that!

It was only a 10 minute scattering, but since everyone here has been telling me Wesel gets virtually no snow, I was a little disappointed to have missed it.

Little did they know that that Friday we would get 12 cm snow. 17 by Saturday morning. And now, in the next 6 hours, we're supposed to almost double that amount.

So far I've made a snowman, biked in the snow, caught flakes on my tongue, had a snowball fight, and taken lots of pictures:

The Kiefer's house.

Eulenweg in hibernation.

A deep step for man.


The snow is really wet, and the flakes are super thick.


What's also fun is to watch clumps of snow falling off the school roof in math class. I also enjoy riding my bike when it's snowing at night (going with the wind, that is). You don't fall off as much from hitting ice clumps.

Jutta and I have been slowly decorating for Christmas. She says she accidently put the wrong lights on the tree, but I think it looks fine in blue.

On Thursday night Jutta, Stefan, and I got to see the famous German comedian Bernhard Hoecker in live performance. He spoke too fast for me to understand most of what he said, but what I did understand I enjoyed. It was a great experience. Now whenever I see him on TV I can say, wow, I got to actually see him in person! All the pictures I took weren't so good, though, because we were sitting so far away. But this one's only a little blurry:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, all that snow looks gorgeous. We've been getting a little bit of snow, but not like that. Actually, it's RAINING outside right now. I would much prefer snow. Now it's just going to be muddy. *sigh* And that's pretty cool about going to see the comedian, too. I love ya! Toodles

Rach said...

haha, that's funny. The Freudian reason why the guy stole the money would have to be how people tortured him about his name when he was a kid. Seriously, there are some names you just don't name your children. (another being Michael Jackson)